Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Box Needs Breaking

It has officially been a full week since I graduated from High School. In this week I have learned that this week and the weeks to come are unlike any of the weeks before. Yesterday while on my morning walk I figured out that I was trying to squeeze College into High School. I began imagining what my day was going to be like; Wake up at 6:30 am, go for a run, take a shower, eat breakfast, go to class; eat lunch. . . But then my mind kicked in an said, "Hey, you might have a 7:30 class, and then a 3:00 class, your schedule is not at all going to be the same." For 12 or so years we have developed these habits, its all we can remember, and then one day we're told, "This part of your life is over; here are new habits to learn and get used to." And, as any college graduate knows, these habits too are then finished, and discarded. Just something to ponder . . . Schedules are not bad, they have the potential to teach good behavior and then reinforce them, but a challenge this week, have your schedules, but take them for what there worth, no more. Break outside of the box.

Playing on my Ipod:
1.)"Ants Marching"
Dave Matthews
2.)"Free Falling"
Tom Petty
3.)"Rest Upon Us"
Caedmons Call
4.)"Symphony No. 40"
Mozart
5.)"Make Your Own Kind of Music"
Mama Cass Elliot
6.)"Leave Sometime"
Matchbox 20
7.)Christmas Song
Dave Matthews
8.)Every Time We Touch
Cascada
9.)When I'm 64
The Beatles
10.)My Father's Gun
Elton John

The "Whipped Cream" from my devotions this morning:
"Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me."
Matthew 11:6
Read Matthew 11:1-19. Imagine being John. Imagine every potential challenge and opportunity for confusion John may have felt.

Quoting Gene Edwards in his great work, "The Prisoner in the Third Cell" he says "The Most excruciating dilemma any devoted child of God ever faces is when your God has not lived up to your expectations." Imagine John in prison, faceing death, pondering this. His heart bleeding over this. Yet Jesus, after being questioned by his cousin, tells all around that John shall be the most important of his followers in the Kingdom of Heaven. What a merciful God we have.
I can only imagine the assassin's sword hitting the stone block, John seeing the promise high and lifted up, seated on the throne, and the train of his robe filling the temple, and God saying to John, "Well done, my son. Very well done. Now have a seat close by and watch the rest of the story with Me."
O how jealous I am of what John has with Jesus! Aren’t you!>?

Off to work. . . Jason's Deli calls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

My thoughts exactly.
Keep up the good blogging.
-Sean
________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home